Link Kit Security Details
Technomad Link Kits (wireless and Ethernet) are robust systems with embedded microprocessors. Here are some background notes regarding the technology we employ.
- PC-FREE architecture
- TCP/IP stack is by Lantronix (no Berkley TCP/IP code)
- no embedded Linux, WinCE etc under the hood
- very low power consumption (typ. 2-3W)
- small memory footprint – “static RAM design”
- no dynamic memory architecture, so no memory leaks or performance issues
- very high integration on silicon
- proven architecture, 15+ years in the market (the Lantronix stack)
- storage is flash-ram based (no hard-drives to fail)
- audio part and network part separated (DSP and separate network processor) for higher reliability than software solutions
Devices are password-protected to limit unauthorized access to configuration pages. Network operator typically imposes MAC-address security in addition (i.e. only allowing Technomad devices to ‘speak’ on Port 80 and UDP 3030 to authorized MAC-address devices).