The following guidelines should be observed when setting up a turnkey Technomad system.
- The Control Rack should only be deployed in a horizontal position.
- After the rack is suitably located, remove the front and rear lids.
- Do not place the open Control Rack in a location where it is exposed to water.
- Remove the lids of the speakers prior to operation.
- Make sure the amplifier is switched off.
- Turn all amp and mixer controls down completely (fully counter-clockwise.)
- Plug the Control Rack into a grounded AC power outlet. (If it is a 24v system, connect the Control Rack power cables to a source of 100a, 24v power.)
- Connect the speakers to the amplifier using the speaker cables. Insert the cable plug into any of the connectors on the speaker and twist clockwise until it ‘clicks’ into place.
- Turn on the amplifier.
- Turn the gain controls on the amplifier slowly all the way up (fully clockwise.)
- Turn the ‘Master’ control on the mixer up halfway.
- The levels of the mixer inputs can now be adjusted. When setting the levels of the various inputs to the system, never turn the mixer controls past 2 o’clock.
- To set the level of the microphone, turn the microphone on and speak into it. Slowly turn up the microphone channel control on the mixer. To avoid feedback, do not stand in front of the speakers.
- To set the level of the CD player, the unit must be playing, and then the appropriate mixer controls can be adjusted to the desired mix level.
9. Make all further adjustments to the volume of the system using the ‘Master’ control of the mixer.
- The amplifiers have built in power-protection circuitry. If the amplifier shuts down during operation, it is likely due to the amplifier inputs being overdriven. Turn down the Master control on the mixer and after a few minutes, the amplifier should reset itself.
- If the sound coming from the speaker is distorted, turn down the ‘Master’ volume of the mixer.
- When daisy-chaining multiple speakers together, never connect more than 3 speakers to one amp channel (for a maximum of six speakers per control rack). Never run cables from two different amplifier channels into the same chain of connected speakers.
For complete, detailed instructions on proper turnkey system setup and operation, please refer to the Turnkey Systems Owner’s Manual.