The DragonFly is a highly portable PA system that offers Technomad’s unsurpassed combination of audio quality, product flexibility and ruggedness. Identical in size and features to the FireFly, but delivers powerful full-range sound instead of voice-optimized sounds. The DragonFly is great for voice AND music, while the FireFly specializes in voice-range performance.
Ultra-compact portable full range audio system, powered by AC or internal 6AH battery. Fully weatherproof in deployed mode, with protective hatches over control surfaces and connectors. Integral wireless microphone, four-channel mixer. Aux audio input, aux loudspeaker output. Expandable – one empty module slot allows internal installation of accessory modules, including SuperConductor audio player/recorder with scheduling, a 2nd wireless mic module (handheld, headset or lapel versions), CD player, or networking module to tie DragonFly into large-area, mult-node mass notification systems.
- 122 dB peak, 125dB SPL continuous output
- Compact: 14.5″ x 8″ x 14″ –
- Wireless Integral microphone
- Internal NiMH battery pack, expandable, light weight (far superior to lead acid batteries)
- Fully weatherproof sound system
- Self-casing – back hatch
- Integral Charger/ Power Supply operates from 12-24 Volts DC or 110-240 Volts AC
- Rugged rotationally-molded polyethylene body
- Very fast deployment – case mode to operating in less than 30 seconds
- Lightweight: 25 lbs.
- Four-input mixerw/ microphone and line-level inputs,
- Built in storage for accessories and cables
- Expansion Slot for SuperConductor MP3 player/recorder, CD Player, wireless and ethernet Link Kits, more
- Networkable – source or member of wide-area modular paging system
- Solar charge option available, DC charge option available for vehicle power operation
- Threaded inserts for permanent installation on vehicles, aircraft, or buildings
- Useful for Manpack, Watercraft, Land Vehicle, Aircraft applications
The DragonFly portable rugged PA system is highly expandable with an available expansion bay. The bay allows installation of several options, including Technomad’s SuperConductor MP3 player/recorder with scheduled playback, a CD player module, a second wireless microphone (one is built-in) or a networking module to create networks of DragonFly PAs. Networking modules come in wireless, Ethernet and twisted-pair versions
Whether you need a self-contained, complete, rugged sound system stand alone use, or to expand an existing PA system with additional, compact output units, the DragonFly will exceed your expectations.
- Training / Meetings
- Change of Command Ceremonies
- PSYOPS – with scheduled SuperConductor playback device, FireFly can be located near target and programmed to play a sequence sounds at a future time
- Man-Pack / Backpack / Rucksack Audio
- FOB Audio
- Vehicle-mounted audio (wheeled, tracked, watercraft, or aircraft)
- Training and Event PA
Features & Specifications
|Height:||14.5 in & 36.9 cm|
|Width:||8.2 in & 20.9 cm|
|Depth:||14.0 in & 35.5 cm|
|Weight:||25 lb & 11.3 kg|
|Rigging points:||2x 1/4-20 threaded inserts on top (handle mount points)|
|Yoke mount points:||2 x 1/4-20 threaded inserts on side|
|Standmount sockets:||1x 1.5” socket on bottom of unit|
|Handles:||1x strap handle|
|Grill:||Powder coated stainless steel|
|Audio Inputs:||1x XLR, mic. level 1x 1/4, line level|
|Audio Outputs:||1x Neutrik NL4MP|
|Power Inputs:||AC power (90-240vAC) DC power (12v)|
|Battery:||5AH NiMH (expandable)|
New: Compatible with Ultralite military battery systems, including BA-5390A/U, UBBL08 (Li-80), and UBBL06 (LI-145) via external cable /connector.
Audio Performance Specifications
|Frequency Response:||(+/- 2 dB): 90 Hz – 18 kHz|
|Maximum Output (long term):||121 dB SPL|
|Maximum Output (peak program):||124 dB SPL|
|HF Dispersion:||SPL 70°V x 70°H|
COTS NGLS and FOL solution.