The FireFly is a highly portable weatherproof PA system optimized for maximum voice clarity and volume. Need to project music, sound effects, and voice? Consider the DragonFly – same size as FireFly but with full-range performance.
The Firefly can easily be transported and set up by one person. A clamp-on front lid and latching rear control cover makes the unit self-casing for transport, and ‘dunk-able’. A molded-in stand mount socket on the bottom of the unit and inserts on the sides for yoke mounting give the Firefly a range of deployment options. With a powerful compression driver coupled with an efficient 3d-generation horn (with an anti-resonant design for superior performance), the Firefly is capable of producing highly intelligible audio at 130 dB SPL.
- 133 dB peak, 130 dB SPL continuous output
- Excellent audio intelligibility and range – 350Hz- 20kHz
- Compact: 14.5″ x 8″ x 14″ –
- Wireless Integral microphone
- 6AH LifePO battery pack, expandable, light weight (far superior to lead acid batteries)
- Fully weatherproof sound system
- Self-casing – front lid, back hatch
- Rugged rotationally-molded polyethylene body
- Very fast deployment – case mode to operating in less than 30 seconds
- Lightweight: 25 lbs.
- Four-input mixer w/ microphone and line-level inputs,
- Built in storage for accessories and cables
- Expansion Slot for SuperConductor MP3 player/recorder, CD Player, wireless and ethernet Link Kits, more
- Networkable – source or member of wide-area modular paging system
- Solar charge option available, DC charge option available for vehicle power operation
- Threaded inserts for permanent installation on vehicles, aircraft, or buildings
- Useful for Manpack, Watercraft, Land Vehicle, Aircraft applications
- Expansion speaker – One FireFly Expansion speaker can be driven off the aux. speaker jack for double the output.
The FireFly portable rugged PA system is highly expandable with an available expansion bay. The bay allows installation of several options, including Technomad’s SuperConductor audio player/recorder with scheduled playback, a CD player module, a second wireless microphone (one is built-in) or a networking module to create networks of FireFly PAs. Networking modules come in wireless, Ethernet and twisted-pair versions.
Whether you need a self-contained, complete, rugged sound system stand alone use, or to expand an existing PA system with additional, compact output units, the Firefly will exceed your expectations.
- PSYOPS – with scheduled SuperConductor playback device, FireFly can be located near target and programmed to play a sequence sounds at a future time
- Man-Pack / Backpack / Rucksack Audio
- FOB Audio
- Vehicle-mounted audio (wheeled, tracked, watercraft, or aircraft)
- Training and Event PA
Features & Specifications
|Height:||14.5 in / 36.9 cm|
|Width:||8.2 in / 20.9 cm|
|Depth:||14.0 in / 35.5 cm|
|Weight:||25 lb / 11.3 kg|
|Rigging points:||2x 1/4-20 threaded inserts on top (handle mount points)|
|Yoke mount points:||2 x 1/4-20 threaded inserts on side|
|Standmount sockets:||1x 1.5” socket on bottom of unit|
|Handles:||1x strap handle|
|Grill:||Powder coated stainless steel|
|Audio Inputs:||1x XLR, mic. level 1x 1/4, line level|
|Audio Outputs:||1x Neutrik NL4MP speaker out, 1x tiny XLR line audio out|
|Power Inputs:||AC power (90-240vAC) DC power (12-24vDC)|
New: Compatible with Ultralite military battery systems, including BA-5390A/U, UBBL08 (Li-80), and UBBL06 (LI-145) via external cable /connector.
Audio Performance Specifications
|Frequency Response:||(+/- 2 dB) 350 Hz – 20 kHz|
|Maximum Output:||(long term) 130 dB SPL|
|Maximum Output:||(peak program) 133 dB SPL|
|HF Dispersion:||60°V x 40°H|
All audio specifications based on ALMA EIA 426B test protocols. COTS NGLS and FOL solution.